Thank you for your interest in the Jackson Memorial Hospital/University of Miami Internal Medicine Residency program. We are the main hospital affiliated with the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. All applications are processed through The Electronic Residency Application Service® (ERAS®) and we participate in the National Resident Matching Program® (NRMP®). Please visit the ERAS® and NRMP® websites for further information.
- ERAS application - Progam ID # 1401121100
- 3 Letters of Recommendation – For US graduates, one letter should be from the Department Chair
Categorical Interview Dates for the 2019 Match:
- Monday, November 5th
- Monday, November 12th
- Friday, November 16th
- Monday, December 3rd
- Friday, December 7th
- Monday, December 10th
- Friday, December 14th
- Monday, December 17th
- Monday, January 7th
- Friday, January 11th
- Friday, January 18th
International Medical Graduate Applicant Requirements:
- USMLE requirements – We do not have a specific score requirement, but preference for interviews is given to those who pass all 3 exams on the first attempt.
- U.S. Clinical experience is required, preferably 3-6 months.
- Visa sponsorship – The hospital sponsors J-1 visas only.
- Time since graduation: We have no specific requirement, but prefer less 5 years.
- We require ECFMG certification before the rank order list deadline.
There are a number of reserved categorical slots for applicants from Latin America and the Caribbean who require a J-1 visa, as a part of the William J. Harrington Program (Latin American Program). Contact the WJH Program directly for application instructions, application materials and requirements.
Resident Stipends and Benefits:
Salaries and benefits are re-negotiated yearly. 2017-2018 figures included a PGY-1 salary of approximately $53,600, with a $1,500/year professional allowance, subject to adjustment. Effective September 30, 2018, all resident wages increase by 2%, which would result in an estimated PGY-1 salary of $54,652.