Thank you for your interest in the University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital Internal Medicine Residency program. We are the main hospital affiliated with the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. All applications are processed through The Electronic Residency Application Service® (ERAS®) and we participate in the National Resident Matching Program® (NRMP®). Please visit the ERAS® and NRMP® websites for further information.
- ERAS application - Progam ID # 1401121100
- 3 Letters of Recommendation – For US graduates, one letter should be from the Department Chair
Categorical Interview Dates for the 2018 Match:
November 06, 13, 17
December 01, 04, 08, 11, 15, 18
January 08, 12
IMG Applicant Requirements:
- USMLE requirements – We do not have a specific score requirement, but preference for interviews is given to those who pass all 3 exams on the first attempt.
- U.S. Clinical experience is required, preferably 3-6 months.
- Visa sponsorship – The hospital sponsors J-1 visas only.
- Time since graduation: We have no specific requirement, but prefer <5 years.
- We require ECFMG certification before the rank order list deadline.
There are a number of reserved categorical slots for applicants from Latin America and the Caribbean who require a J-1 visa, as a part of the William J. Harrington Program (Latin American Program). Contact the WJH Program directly for application instructions, application materials and requirements.
Resident Stipends and Benefits:
Click here to be linked to the JHS Salary and Benefits Summary. Salaries and benefits are re-negotiated yearly. 2016-2017 figures include a PGY-1 salary of approximately $52,788, with a $1,500/year professional allowance, subject to adjustment.