Thank you for your interest in the Jackson Memorial Hospital/Jackson Health System Internal Medicine Residency program. We are the main hospital affiliated with the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. We accept applications through ERAS from its opening through January 2017. We use a holistic application review process, but do give preference to applicants with USMLE scores +/- 1 standard deviation from the national mean for Internal Medicine matched applicants. This information is available from the NRMP® website.
- ERAS application - Progam ID # 1401121100
- 3 Letters of Recommendation – We prefer one Department Chair letter, if it is available.
Categorical Interview Dates for the 2017 Match:
November 14, 18, 21, 28
December 2, 9, 12
January 6, 9, 13, 20
IMG Applicant Requirements:
- USMLE requirements – We do not have a specific score requirement, but preference for interviews is given to those who pass all 3 exams on the first attempt.
- U.S. Clinical experience is required, preferably 3-6 months.
- Visa sponsorship – The hospital sponsors J-1 visas only.
- Time since graduation: We have no specific requirement, but prefer <5 years.
- We require ECFMG certification before the rank order list deadline.
There are a number of reserved categorical slots for applicants from Latin America and the Caribbean who require a J-1 visa, as a part of the William J. Harrington Program (Latin American Program). Contact the WJH Program directly for application instructions, application materials and requirements.
Resident Stipends and Benefits:
Click here to be linked to the JHS Salary and Benefits Summary. Salaries and benefits are re-negotiated yearly. 2016-2017 figures include a PGY-1 salary of approximately $52,788, with a $1,500/year professional allowance, subject to adjustment.